Friday, October 17, 2008

Goose eggs, skirts, & a pretty heart

I have a goose egg on my forehead from my 2 year old who ran up, dove and head butted me as I was sitting nicely on the grass at the park. I saw stars and had to lay back for atleast 30 seconds because it hurt so bad. It involved my sunglasses somehow, and I'm not sure how she did not get hurt, but she only laughed, got up and ran off.

As I was watching my 2 girls playing in the park in their skirts and tights I was reminded of the conversation I overhead between the two of them this morning. You see the four year old only wants to wear skirts. Thankfully my mom was here last weekend, and she helped stock her up with tights so she could continue to wear her skirts for fall and winter. And the four year old only has a few pairs of pants for winter, but I'm not buying any more, because she doesn't wear them. The two year old has a lot of pants, and only two non-church skirts. The bad thing is that she has caught on to this wearing skirts thing and now she only wants to wear skirts. (I don't want to buy a new wardrobe, when she has lots of perfectly good pants.) So this morning the two year old ran into her room and opened the closet, which I was in because we were playing hide and seek, yelling "I want my dress, I want my dress." So I helped her put on some tights and one of the two skirts she has. She immediately said, "I pitty" (pretty). Then she ran into the four year olds room and said "Look @ me...I pitty." We can always tell when the two year old feels pretty because she starts swaying or spinning in circles singing "La, la, la.... la, la, la."

So before I finish the conversation between the girls I further have to explain about the Four year old. There are many days that she comes down the stairs, saying "Look @ me mommy, don't I look gorgeous? All my friends are going to say that I'm so beautiful." So then I have to talk to her about the fact that she is beautiful, but her friends don't care what she looks like, they care how she treats them. We talk about how being kind and obeying your parents are things that really make you beautiful in your heart. Something along those lines. We have that conversation a lot.

So this morning when lil sis ran in and said "Look @ me....I pitty," Big sis told her "Your not pretty, your heart is."

And after that we went to the park.

2 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Awwww.. that's sweet! So maybe she's getting it after all! Don't you love those moments.

Lori Leigh said...

And SO SORRY about your goose egg! Just a couple weeks after we moved to Georgia my girl jumped up and hit my chin with her head. I got a bruise on my chin and it cracked one of my teeth. It hurt SO bad and I had to go find a dentist so they could smooth that tooth off.

Good times.