Monday, November 24, 2008

My Friend Pooh

H2 really wanted a Pooh Party for her birthday. I'm not sure why it never occured to me to actually get her a Pooh Bear. That would have made sense wouldn't it have. So today we were in JCPenney and we saw the cutest Pooh. She immediately grabbed it and held it tight and was so excited about the Pooh bear. As a parent of course I wanted her to have it, and again I thought..."why didn't I get that for her birthday?" But her birthday has passed and Christmas is coming up...I really try not to buy my kids things spontaneously, but instead make them wait for a special occasion. Then I remembered that she had gotten birthday money from Uncle Ben & Aunt Rebecca and it was still in her piggy bank waiting for something special. So the sweet girl got her pooh, and I got the money in the piggy bank. And Ben & Rebecca got her the best gift of all.
H2 is also allergic to milk, cheese, milk chocolate etc. Since not everybody knows this that she interacts with, I'm trying to train her to realize and say that she can't have cheese. So it was funny on Sunday when she walked into Sunday school for snack time, they have a variety of cookies and snacks the kids can choose from including cheese crackers, H2, unprompted, just walked up to the teacher and shook her head emphatically and said "I can't have cheese". It was so cute. So I asked her to do it for the camera just for fun. See below.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is sooo cute! It's so cute to hear her talk. I'm glad she likes her Pooh bear :)

Lori Leigh said...

Oh. My. Heavens! I don't think she could be any cuter!

nipnlap said...

My word! That little girl is so sweet! She is talking so clearly. I'm dying to see her again. I had no idea she was allergic to those things. See what happens when we don't keep in touch very well. Sad! By the way, I always have trouble figuring out how to write on your blog. I think I have it down now!