Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Favorites

So as I snuck into my room to read everyone else's blog today, my girls were playing down stairs nicely.....too nicely. I knew as they were playing quietly that I really should get up and go downstairs because most likely they were doing something they shouldn't....but I just wanted to read a little more. Not hearing any screams or glass breaking I continued for a few more minutes...finally my mothering instinct couldn't stay any longer and I went downstairs prepared for the worst. Surely there was going to be milk all over the kitchen floor and they would be ice skating in it, or surely there would be dish towels everywhere and they would be "cleaning" or having a picnic. I reached the bottom of the stairs...the living room was clear & clean...turning the corner, prepared for disaster.....the kitchen was clean too. But alas, there were my two girls...the three year old and the one year old sitting on top and in the middle of the kitchen table "brushing" their hair with hair brushes and lots of detangling spray...lots and lots of detangling spray. Needless to say both their heads were soaked and a mess, but it was a lot better than what I imagined. (And they smelled nice too.) Damage control was pretty fast and easy... I really deserved a lot worse for letting them play so quietly...but today... I lucked out. I do love detangling spray... a quick fix to "bed head" and tangles.

2 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

We use that, too! Great stuff. Quiet makes me suspicious, as well. But at least their hair wasn't tangled!
Loved the picture. Such sweet girls.
Thanks for the link!

Lori Leigh said...

We love that stuff too! Thanks for the card. My husband got it today. It was really funny! And thanks for the call too. That meant a lot to him!