Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer So Far

We have been out of town for almost 3 weeks, and are getting ready to go again.  Here is my quick attempt at updating my blog before I get too far behind.
As soon as school got out, we headed north to Virginia to spend a weekend with Eric's brother and family.  Here they are at the BMX track.  (That's the kind of stuff you do when you have boys.)  We also spent a full day in downtown Washington DC, but my sister-in-law has all those good pics.  We are going to get to see these cousins again very soon in Minnesota.


Eric headed for China for almost 3 weeks.  (Here he is at the great wall with a picture Hailey drew of the great wall.  Funny the things we do for our kids.)

So the kids


So the kids and I headed to grandpa's farm in Missouri for riding 4 wheelers and playing in the river.

Reunion with old friends in Missouri.  (These were our neighbors in Idaho, but we are all from the same central area of the United States and found ourselves in the same place at the same time..so they came down to Grandpa's house for a couple of nights and played in the river with us.)

We had a big family reunion down a my Grandpa's river with all of the extended cousins.  For some reason I did not take any pictures of that.  But here is my sister and I with our girls. 

Hanging out with more cousins (my brother's kids) in OKC.

Our Beautiful new cousin Ruthie. (Hattie took this picture).
  Driving thru Smoky Mountain National Park on the Way home.  (Pretty...but the Smokies have nothing on the Tetons...or any Rocky Mountains for that matter.) 
Finally home at our neighborhood pool....where it is so hot that the pool is like bathwater.  Not really much relief, but the kids still have fun!

2 comments:

The Idaho Neumanns said...

I had to do a double take when I saw Hannah, Ben and Emma with your kids! How awesome to reunite!

Claire said...

I also love the pics of your kid and the Oberts! How awesome and that pic is way way cool on the back of the truck!