Friday, April 20, 2012

The Equestrian

Hattie has been taking horse riding lessons. She has probably been 10 times...these pics are from week 3. We all love it. Such a peaceful setting..and great horses. Definitely money well spent. She has to go catch her own horse, brush saddle, and clean it's hooves all by herself. And then after riding, take the saddle back off, brush the horse again and then walk it back out to the pasture. The horses are very good so she is getting very confident...she doen't realize that all horses
aren't quite that easy. (These are older and ridden everyday by little girls who don't know what they're doing. As she gets better he'll put her on more spirited horses.)

Learning to post. (In English riding there is no saddle horn to hold on to. )

I love riding horses and am wondering if this is more for her or me. The more we are out there, the more I really want our own land and pasture and horse. I was lying in bed this morning on my birthday and thinking what is it that would I really like to do for my birthday. I really want to ride. I think next week I am just going to ask if I can pay & ride with Hattie during her lesson time...she may hate that.

No comments: