Monday, March 19, 2012

Hot!

On Saturday we played in the river behind our house. It's been in the mid 80's here & my kids were in swimsuits. If our neighbors could have seen us, they would rgeally have thought that the rednecks have moved in. Most of the neighbors don't even know there is a river down there. We are the only ones with a path that leads down to a green way that is along the river.
In case you were wondering how Zoey was adapting to city life.....she is loving the land behind our house. Yes, she is confined to a small yard, but we let her run when we go walking in the woods behind our house. As you can see she really enjoys playing in the river.
It looks muddy, but it is really sand, and Hailey enjoyed finding clams in the sand. I know this looks gross...but the kids loved it!
We checked the weather back in Idaho and saw that it was 35 & snowing. So NC is good & bad. Good because it's only March and the warm weather is nice, but I am really dreading summer. We have had to go out & buy new wardrobes for everybody. Was not prepared for warm weather this early. Hattie was really upset with me because I kept sending her to school in long sleeve shirts and jeans and all the other kids were wearing shorts & T-shirts. In Idaho, you could wear long sleeve shirts from the start of school all the way through May. We don't have a lot of summer school clothes. And she has outgrown last years summer clothes. Leif also didn't have any shorts...and I have had a hard time convincing him to wear them. Yesterday he finally said" Mom I'm hot...I want to wear skirts." I said "You mean shorts?" "Yes. Shorts." It's funny because he always says "Yes." (Eric and I never say "Yes." I'm not sure where he gets his proper grammar, but it's cute. Maybe Nickjr. is good for something.)
r

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Eli loved looking at the pictures of his cousins! Glad you all are enjoying your new place. Eli told me to say "Hattie, I love your dog named Zoey. She is so cute!" :)

Mrs. Troop said...

Oh my goodness! A LOT of changes since I checked in over here. The new home looks wonderful - and the kids are SO big! :-) Fun to "see" you all.

nipnlap said...

I have been meaning to check on this blog for so long and finally remembered when I was near a computer. Looks like things are going well. It's nice to have you on the same coast line!Sounds like you all are adjusting nicely. Hope to see you soon!!!!