Monday, September 14, 2009

How to build a house: Step #2 The Foundation

Pour Concrete Footings: As seen below. (Let sit for a week or two while concrete guys are busy with bigger and better homes.)
Put up the formsFill the forms with concrete.Remove forms for a nice foundation.Start on the support walls and floor joices:

Make sure your foundation plan matches your house plan so you don't have to go back and cut concrete. It's very expensive. We'll let you know how much.Always include cute pictures of the kiddos.
Happy 4 Month Birthday Baby Boy!!

3 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

What a cute boy!!! I love his picture! And the whole house building thing is very interesting. I'm glad you are posting pics of the process. And SO SORRY about your garage! Bummer!Hopefully it won't cost too much!

Sarah said...

Wow, Kim! Looks like some great progress. I am sure you guys are excited to see it moving along. Your boy is so handsome!

avant said...

I didn't realize that you were building (though I should have). I pray that things go well for you. The girls look incredibly happy and beautiful.